Wednesday, June 10, 2020
For the past 14 days, we've been listening, learning and reflecting on what Volcom's role is in the dismantling of systemic racism and injustice that has marginalized Black lives. We must look inward, acknowledge we've been the beneficiaries of an unfair system, and react to make meaningful change in our business and the board sports industry and culture at large.
Below is just a start and we know we have a lot to learn, but we believe we can’t let perfect be the enemy of progress.
Today, Volcom is committing to:
- Evolve our company’s core values to reflect our commitment to standing in solidarity with all BIPOC.
- Enact a long-term commitment to continue to diversify our workforce with public facing accountability and begins with a full employment audit.
- Make a long-term commitment to supporting BIPOC athletes, ambassadors and organizations beginning with those participating in board sports and expanding from there.
- Create give-back initiatives that benefit racial inequality-based non-profits.
- Use the reach of our digital & social platforms to educate, engage and activate our audience.
Now’s the time to get to work and we are calling on the entire Volcom family worldwide to make a concerted effort to use their voices and resources to make fundamental change in their communities.