Lives have been lost, homes and business have been destroyed and thousands of people are stranded or in limbo as fires burn in parts of Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia, Tasmania and Western Australia.
The scale of the crisis is hard to swallow. So far the fires have burned more than 12 million acres, they have killed at least 24 people, and nearly 2000 homes have been destroyed.
The fires have killed nearly 500 million birds, reptiles and mammals - in NSW alone!
Here’s what you can do to help those affected by the devastation:
Help the Firefighters:
NSW - Donate Here for NSW RFS!
VIC - Donate Here for VIC RFS!
SA - Donate Here for SA!
QLD - Donate Here for QLD!
Help the Wild Life:
To help the NSW wildlife victims, you can donate to the NSW Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service (WIRES) -
To assist the Port Macquarie Koala Hospital -
To donate to Wildlife Victoria -
Help those In Need:
The Red Cross is doing amazing work to help those who have been affected by the fires.
Givit is a charity that specialise in goods and connect those who have with those who need.
The exact items people need are listed via charities and the public can match that or register the items they have, in case someone can use them.
Right now, Givit is running two specific campaigns supporting NSW and Queensland bushfire victims on top of its regular services.
Foodbank is delivering emergency food relief and water to East Gippsland, helping firefighters and local communities caught up in the bushfires.
It is fundraising to send about 5,000 food relief hampers in the coming days.
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
- Donate Blood
- Give your time at donation drop points to help gather, sort and distribute goods
- Donate old blankets, towels and clothes to assist helping wounded wildlife
- Put Water out for animals
- Keep sharing the messaging and stay informed
- Check on people - even those not directly effected can be struggling
- Once it is safe to do so GO and visit these towns and communities and put some dollars straight back into businesses