MENS TEES, TOPS, JACKETS & FLEECE
Econyl® Regenerated Nylon In Volcom Women's Swim Collections
With an enduring commitment to the use of ECONYL® in our women’s swim collection, Volcom continues to create products with deeper meaning and purpose that support our sustainability initiatives
In our ongoing efforts to address the impacts of our raw materials sourcing, we’re continually looking for ways to eliminate the sourcing of virgin raw materials. Similar to our partnership with Repreve® that introduced recycled polyester to our products, our partnership with ECONYL® introduced their 100% regenerated Nylon yarn made using waste material instead of fossil raw material into our Simply Solid Swimwear line beginning in 2017.
ECONYL® yarn is produced by recycling fishing nets and other discarded nylons. The recovered nets are regenerated and converted into fibres that can once again be used, but now for a new life. There is no loss of quality in the regeneration process and the end result is a yarn that, on its own, is 100% recyclable.
Why You Should Care
- Made from 100 percent regenerated nylon waste materials, ECONYL® fibre helps divert global waste streams from landfills and oceans
- The ECONYL Regeneration System is the world’s most efficient industrial system for the production of Nylon 6 and is unique in that it boasts no loss of quality after reclamation and transformation of nylon waste
- As well as being a solution on waste, ECONYL® regenerated nylon is also better when it comes to climate change. When compared with the product of nylon from oil, it reduces the global warming impact by up to 80%
No Looking Back
- In the Spring of 2017, Volcom announced the introduction of our first-ever ocean friendly women’s swimwear composed of 78% ECONYL® regenerated yarn with the Simply Solid Swim collection.
- The following year, 2018, we created an elevated collection, Simply Seamless, made using the same ECONYL® yarns as our Simply Solid Collection, but with a higher percentage, 82% regenerated nylon. This higher nylon content together with a jersey knitting technique results in a luxurious, super soft Italian fabric.
- In 2019, our third advancement was unveiled, Simply Rib, a new knitted swim fabric developed exclusively for Volcom. Consisting of 91% ECONYL® regenerated nylon we continue to raise the bar.
Volcom Women’s Swim Made with Econyl®